ADHD and relationship *Both ADHD

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Spouses & Loved Ones ADHD and relationship *Both ADHD

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ella C 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author

marthinusdutoit2
    Participant

Hi, guys, I need some advice. ( We are both ADHD)

I recently met this very amazing person. We start talking about world war two and end up chatting about where would we like to dive me because I love adventure she because she loves living organisms and how they live.

Here is my question. Let’s face it ADHD people are not known for there amazing relationship skills. Here is the Catch what if you put two adhd’s together?
    We can’t stop talking and we interrupt one and other and I do not think anyone would ever be able to follow our conversation. But it works for our brains and we have amazing chemistry we do however know that we need to manage our relationship otherwise we will end up with a flash fire.

Honestly, I think I want to grow old with the Adhd’er she is perfect for me and I am perfect for her any advice?

ADHDmomma
    Keymaster

I say go for it! If it’s working then there’s no need to change it.

Here are some articles on relationships with ADHD in the mix:

10 Ways to Balance ADHD with a Happy Marriage

Tips for Couples

Penny
    ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Trainer & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Ella C
    Participant

Awww this is actually really cute. I’d say you can’t really know unless you try. Both me and my best friend had ADHD and have a really special bond. We honestly understand each other on a different level then anyone else.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.