ADDitude being hacked???

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults ADDitude being hacked???

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Wendy Lichtig
      Participant

Hi, I’m not sure if this is the best way to contact ADDitude, but I am getting DOZENS of emails with Chinese characters in the subject line (literally dozens a day). Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a way to stop having this problem without changing my address? Thanks

Jolly
      Participant

SAME that happened to me yesterday but now its working

september123
      Participant

hello i’ve been diagnosed with adhd and ive took meds for almost 2 years i am 15 i have recently been hearing stuff and having wierd random thoughts and thinking about violent things i looked it up and it said that it could be a serious side effect of my medicine even when i kip taking it the side effect is ther but my aunt and my uncle sy i might have schizophrenia it runs in my family is it my meds or is it schizophrenia

oddguy
        Participant

what meds are you on ?

Penny Williams
        Keymaster

Please start a new topic with this question @September123. You won’t get many responses in a thread of a totally different topic.

Penny
        ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Trainer & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

tpettingill
      Participant

I also had the problem of the Chinese Characters coming up, not sure if it has been resolved yet.

I had an additional issue…When I tried to post a comment, I get a notice that I have to solve the captcha before I can post… One problem- There is no captcha for posting articles.

Anyone else having that issue?

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

Yes, ADDitude was attacked by a spam bot over the weekend. Our sincerest apologies to all those users who received multiple emails as a result. It has been addressed.

As for the missing captcha @tpettingill… do you mean there’s no captcha if your trying to start a new topic? I’m not seeing that on my end, so I want to get specifics of what you’re experiencing so the webmaster can address it and resolve it.

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Trainer & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Amyamy
      Participant

Was trying to reply to an article earlier. I had the same problem with being told I needed to solve it CAPTIA but there wasn’t one on the page. I assumed it was an error of accessibility with using high contrast mode and a screen reader, but apparently not.

Using iPhone on iOS 11.4 I think. Also accessed from inside the browser in Inbox (gmail). Using Smart Invert colors and VoiceOver.

I do see the “i’m Not a robot CAPTCHA on this screen.

tpettingill
      Participant

Problem resolved, Thanks!

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.