Adderall withdrawal question (important)

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD Adderall withdrawal question (important)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Dan e
      Participant

Question for the board, I’ve been a 10-year adderall user and because of the shutdown I have been off my medication for about a month now, I’m able to pretty much function normally however I have zero ability or motivation to do anything work-related, is my brain permanently damaged from being able to do this? How do I know that I have made a full mental recovery? Any answers or advice are much appreciated

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

A “full recovery” from ADHD? That’s not possible. It’s a lifelong condition. What you’re experiencing is likely that you had help (in the form of medication) for so long that life without it seems harder than before, because the contrast is now much more pronounced. Of course, you need to talk with your doctor about any medical concerns you have.

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Coach & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Dan e
      Participant

Yes but it’s much worse than it was before years ago, very little ability to get motivated or focus

If I stay off for 6 months will I feel better?

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

You need to talk with your prescribing doctor about that.

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Coach & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.