Adderall Tolerance

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Livewire 1 year, 6 months ago.

• Author

Miss.Entropy
    Participant

I’m 36 and was diagnosed with ADD at 29. I have been on Adderall for almost a year and I think I’m developing a tolerance to it. Has anyone gone off it for a while so they can go back on and if so, how was that experience?

ADHDmomma
    Keymaster

This link will take you to an expert answer to this exact question:

Developing a Tolerance for Adderall?

Penny
    ADDitude Community Moderator, Author & Mentor on Parenting ADHD, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Livewire
      Participant

I was on 20 mg for almost 7 years before I increased it 10 mg. Based on my experience, I would stick with the 20 mg another 6 months. If you feel like you are drifting back into some old ADHD problems, then it might be time to ask you doctor for an increase. What I will tell you is that I was on Adderall for 10 years and the absolute worst thing you can do is to try to come off your medication cold turkey. I am going on almost 5 years without Adderall and I still miss it every day. I don’t feel like I am the “real me” without it. So yes, unfortunately there is an addiction side to Adderall.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.