Adderall and Caffeine

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ivry321 6 days, 15 hours ago.

• Author

SouthPark17
    Participant

Ok so I just started taking Adderall 10mg immediate release a week ago. The past few days after I drink coffee and take my pill, about 1 hour later I get really dizzy and lightheaded. Can anyone relate?

therockmonster
    Participant

Don’t do it. My doctor told me not to mix caffeine and stimulant medication. They act against one another and can effect the heart.

Penny Williams
    Keymaster

Caffeine is also a stimulant. By taking your stimulant medication with coffee, you’re essentially amplifying it, which is likely the reason for your dizziness. Try decaf or no coffee for a couple days and see if that eliminates the dizziness. If not, discuss it with your prescribing doctor ASAP.

The Truth About ADHD and Caffeine

Penny
    ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Trainer & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

ivry321
    Participant

That happened to me also when I first started on Adderal years ago. I slowly gave up coffee. * years later I usually have a good size cup of coffee every day. I would imagine my body is pretty used to the amphetamines by now but Id wait like 6 months to build up your tolerance. If coffee is something you don’t want to give up.

You might get a little cranky and get a slight headache from the withdrawal. Just a heads up.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.