ADD research project

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults ADD research project

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      Waci
      Participant

Hi, I am looking at researching the experiences of women who have been diagnosed with ADD as adults (35+) for my doctoral thesis and wondered if anyone would be interested in sharing their story with me in an semi-structured interview? I have to get the ethics for my project approved first, however, just wanted to gauge if there is any interest?
      Thanks

Spiritsocean
      Participant

Hello,

I’d be more than happy to help.

Melissa

kharmin
      Participant

Hi, Rach ~

Good luck with the ethics approval process.
      Yes, I’d be happy to help, any way I can!

Kharmin

guacadeb
      Participant

I would be happy to share my story with you when your project gets approved. I was diagnosed at age 45; current age is 65.

Starsinhereyes
      Participant

I would love to share my story with you. Im 41 was diagnosed as a child at 12 but then lived untreated till recently just diagnosed as an adult at 41

Beowulf75
      Participant

I’d be delighted to assist you; however, I’m a male who…. hey! did you see that chicken!
      (Runs off)

LifeStartsNow
      Participant

Good morning. I have contributed to a doctoral study on nutrition for those with ADHD. I would be happy to contribute in any way I can to your study. Being diagnosed at 65 hit me hard; dealing with it hit me even harder. Please count me in.

Linda

kerrymiller
      Participant

Hi Rach

I was diagnosed at age 61. Would be happy to help.

Kerry

marika4057
        Participant

Kerry, I’d love to share our joint experiences. I was diagnosed at about age 54 and am 68 now. Really just getting help for it the last 3 years or so. How do we connect, if you are interested?

kerrymiller
        Participant

Hi Marika

I think that sounds like a great idea. If you would like, you can get in touch via the contact page on my website: kerrymiller.co.uk. Looking forward to comparing notes.

amznwmn
      Participant

I’ll add my name here as well. Would love to be a part of your study.

KylieAH
      Participant

Hi Rach,

I was diagnosed at age 42 and would be happy to help.

Best wishes,
      Kylie.

Angelacawein
      Participant

I was diagnosed at 35 years old and have plenty to say.

Angela Cawein

Kady
      Participant

I was diagnosed at age 43… 5 years ago. I’d be be happy to participate. Adult ADHD is still poorly understood. I recently disclosed to a supervisor that I have ADHD and she replied that she did too. “You do?!” I asked, feeling hopeful that she might understand it. “Oh, I mean I’m not diagnosed,” she said, “but you know I’m always on the go…” Sigh. Then there was my son’s guidance counselor(!) who said, “Well, as my son says, everyone who grew up in the 80’s is a little bit ADD. Hahaha.” Haha-sighhhhhh 😔
      Sorry to ramble. It’s an ongoing journey!

Kady
      Participant

Good luck with your approval process. Thank you for researching ADHD in adults!

Waci
      Participant

Hi, Many thanks for responding to this request for participants, I have now recruited everyone that I need.

Rachel

blackindiaink
      Participant

Doubt you’re still looking but I’d be happy to help. I’m 37 and was diagnosed last week.

marika4057
      Participant

I wasn’t diagnosed until about age 54, abt 14 yrs ago. Didn’t get much help in the beginning, but love this Additude site. I’d be happy to participate, too.

Debtennis
      Participant

I’ve suspected since I was in college, but finally got diagnosed at age 60. (I’m now 65)
      My psychologist said he couldn’t believe I functioned all my life without medication. I’d be happy to help with your research.

hesmysoulmate
      Participant

I was just diagnosed this year (age 41) and am a classic ADHD Inattentive – now I know why I do the things I do! Marie

Viewing 17 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.