Acting out and feeling bad

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  kbj2017 1 week ago.

• Author

ThatEnergeicTeen
    Participant

Does anyone just get really worked up and frustrated when it comes to homework? My parents are just trying to help me understand and learn how to do concepts. And then I complain and yell and act out. I don’t mean to but I just do. It gets to the point where I just give up and put my head on the table,and let all of my thoughts and feelings flood in.And I feel so stupid in many different ways. At the end of the night I feel like a jerk, and a let down to my parents.. can anyone relate?

kbj2017
    Participant

Very much can relate to you. It’s demoralizing when I get so worked up that I just shut down after making a mistake. I don’t act it out, but it shows in my facial expressions and body language. I’ve had moments with my parents where I felt like nothing because I had messed up so bad. It still happens now & I’m 19, but I’m learning to manage & talk through my emotions, instead of letting them take control.

It’s not easy dealing with ADHD, and it can seem as though, to others, that the negative moments that we have are a reflection of who we truly are. Why? Because ADHD affects the exact traits that deal with behavior regulation. Self-control, impulsivity, hypersensitivity, unawareness in social situations, all of these when presented to others contributes to low self-esteem (for me at least).

So no you aren’t alone in your struggle, I’m here with you also.
    -Kendall Boults Jr.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.