Accountability buddy/buddies?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Getting Things Done Accountability buddy/buddies?

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      JulesMng
      Participant

Hey there,

Forgive me if this topic has been posted elsewhere, I’m a new member here.

Has anyone ever set up an online accountability buddy system?
      I’m looking for a buddy to check in with each other and keep each other on task. These could be work goals, learning a new hobby, getting chores done, or whatever. Sometimes the thing you really need to stay focused is the threat of another person’s judgement! 🙂

For me, I need someone to make sure I’ve completed my daily or weekly to-do list at the office. Currently I can sit at my desk for 8 hours and somehow in that time only send out 2 e-mails. The result is that I feel wretched at the end of each day. This pattern has led me to jump from job to job before my boss can discover how little I’m actually getting done. Traditional therapy, while it has it advantages, has not helped me manage my productivity.

For you, I’d love to help you with whatever goal you’re working on! I can offer a lot of encouragement but also be super strict if that’s what you need.

Anyone who’s interested in this idea, let me know your thoughts!

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

Here’s a thread taking about this: https://www.additudemag.com/forums/topic/join-our-accountability-group/

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Coach, Podcaster & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

JulesMng
      Participant

Thanks! I sent the OP there a message on Habitica, doesn’t look like she’s been active on the forum since the post so let’s see. Still, if anyone else is interested, message me!

maha
      Participant

Hi,
      I am interested in an online accountability buddy as well and looking for someone to team up with so we can follow up on each others and keep ourselves motivated. I live in Australia and looking so reach out to me if time difference is not an issue for you.

featherball
      Participant

Hi, I’m also a new member, usually just drop in randomly but signed up to say that I’m also interested in joining a small accountability group. I tried the habitica app a while back but didn’t last more than a couple days on my own. I’m in the states but am open to figuring out something workable with the time difference.

JulesMng
      Participant

maha and featherball: Great!!

I wonder if there is a way for us to safely exchange contact info.

FeatherBall: There is messaging on Habitica, you can find me there under JulesMng and we could perhaps exchange e-mail addresses?

Or does anyone know of another way beyond posting our e-mail addresses here?

featherball
      Participant

Great! I sent you a message on habitica. I also sent a message to the original poster in the linked message above. Hoping we figure something out!

mgogreen
      Participant

Hi!
      I read through the posts and this sounds like what I’m looking for. Has anyone “buddied-up” yet? Let me know if not as I could really use a buddy!!
      Thanks.

aslikeanarnian
      Participant

Hey mgogreen, has anyone reached out to you yet? I found this thread because I was searching for an adhd accountability group. If you are still interested in an accountability buddy, let me knoknow!

ADistractedDamsel
      Participant

aslikeanarnian and mgogreen,

If either of you are still looking for accountability partners I would be interested in finding one as well. We could contact one another on discord? I also have a habitica. I’m willing to check up on another person daily if they feel it’s necessary.

aslikeanarnian
      Participant

Hey Alia! I am definitely still looking for an accountability buddy. Discord is perfect for me – my username there is aslikeanarnian#7693 if you want to send me a direct message there.

ADistractedDamsel
      Participant

Yeah! I sent you a discord friend request. Same name but my number is 0122.

Jb2000
      Participant

Hello all- I’m interested in this too! If it’s happening somewhere may I join? It sounds just what I need to get myself started up again…

JulesMng
      Participant

Hey all!

I’ve gotten in touch with a few people and am setting up a Zoom group call to discuss our symptoms and set accountability goals!

If you’re interested in joining, and if it works with your time zone, feel free to fill in the Doodle! (for security reasons/to avoid Robots, I’ve split the link in two):

https://doodle.com/poll/
      iv2k8g8np5n4cfpn

Best,
      Juliet

Viewing 13 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.