Accentrate

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi there,

I am new to the site and looking through natural ways to treat my ADHD. I saw an advertisement on this site for a supplement called “Accentrate” – is anyone familiar?

I’d appreciate some feedback as I can’t find much on the company itself.

There is a great doctor who helped me with my ADD issues. His name is Dr. Colbey Forman, PHD. He is the founder of Psychoneurology and the Dean at Beurin University. He is located in Calabasas, California but can do appointments over the web as well. He worked miracles for me and my children. You should look him up. Here are two sites you can check him out on:

http://colbeyforman.org/

Dr Colbey B Forman, PhD

I hope you get the help you need, as I did. I am a totally new and thriving person. I’ve never been happier. Good Luck.

CScar203
      Participant

Hi there! I saw your post and am wondering if you were successful in finding out any additional information on Accentrate? I am very interested but want some more info before i order. thank you in advance

CherieM
      Participant

My son has been on Accentrate since June 2018. He is doing very well. He was hyperactive and would get easily agitated. The first thing we noticed was that he had significantly calmed down after a week of taking Accentrate.
      We didn’t notice improvements in focus or attention until later in September. but this might also be because he wasn’t in school in June or July.
      We’ve continually reordered because we feel it helps. It’s nice to take one pill instead of multiple supplements.

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

The ingredients in this product are exactly what are used to treat MTHFR genetic polymorphisms, common in kids with ADHD and autism. My son takes all of the methylated vitamins in this for MTHFR.

MTHFR: Another Piece of the ADHD-Genetics Puzzle

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Trainer & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Deep
      Participant
      jenspen
      Participant

My son has been taking Accentrate for the last four months. We’ve noticed improvement and have not felt that medication is necessary right now. The first benefits we noticed were calming in his behavior. He had fewer mood outbursts. He still did, but to a noticeably lessor extent.
      We have found recently, that we do not have to hassle him to sit and do his home work or reading either.
      His ADHD is still noticeable, but much more manageable. And we are happy that we do not have to medicate at this point.
      Jen

philcollins1000
      Participant

I ordered the Accentrate 3-month package ($110) not noticing that it contains shellfish. I tried to return it the day I got the package. They refused. Be sure you want it before you buy. It contains nothing but readily available supplements, and I don’t know of any clinical trials proving it’s efficacy.

Fluttermind
      Participant

I’d never heard of this stuff before, so I read up on it (as much as a could – not a lot of material). A multivitamin designed for ADHD is a great idea (much easier than wrangling a bunch of different supplements), but it being a $55/mo mail-order vitamin touted by naturopaths and other anti-psychiatry people and propped up with videos and testimonials rather than clinical studies turned me right off.

Seriously, the For Medical Practitioners page on the Accentrate website says it all: the FIRST descriptor they use to pitch this stuff to medical practitioners is “profitable”. Not effective, proven (well I guess they can’t use this word), helpful, or anything like that, but PROFITABLE. Think about that. The individual components that make up Accentrate can be had MUCH more cheaply from your local drug store, but these guys want to wrap them up in this “drug-free ADHD treatment” in order to prey on stigma/reluctance around stimulants and fleece you.

Oh yeah, and all the studies cited in their materials were on individual vitamins included in Accentrate, not Accentrate itself. I’ll just keep buying my cheap conventional vitamin supplements and taking my Ritalin (extensively studied and tested over decades, with old IR pills being substantially cheaper than this unstudied overpriced vitamin).

Still though, I would be interested in a ADHD multivitamin that’s reasonably priced and available at drug stores that isn’t saddled or associated with all this naturopathy/anti-psychiatry baggage.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.