11 year old boy obsessed with his health

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Treating Your Child 11 year old boy obsessed with his health

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      tonymartino2004
      Participant

Hello: my 11 yr old son has been on vyvanse 40mg for 4 years.. everything was o.k (School, appetite, sleeping ETC.This summer we have been giving him weekend medication holidays. Everything seemed to be going fine but now he is obsessed with his health( Weight, asking about different diseases,asking to take his temperature every 10 mins, asking to take him to the doctor when nothing is wrong.then he will snap out of it… Has anyone else experienced this type of behavior.He takes his vyvanse dailyr during summer camp and his counselor says he is fine.. this just started recently. I am wondering if it is the 2 days a week with no vyvanse that could be causing this….. I will be sure to mention this to his DR. THANK YOU RONNIE P.S it happened today for the first time. when it happened he was on vyvanse and he took it Monday and Tuesday.

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

Definitely talk to his doctor. Sounds like possible symptoms of OCD, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it is OCD.

[Self-Test] Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder in Children

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Trainer & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.