Reply To: STRUGGLING WITH ADULT ADHD DAUGHTER

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults STRUGGLING WITH ADULT ADHD DAUGHTER Reply To: STRUGGLING WITH ADULT ADHD DAUGHTER

Vanessa1
Participant

I feel your pain and frustration. I have a 19 year old daughter with adhd, graduated high school this year and I’m ready to pack up, move and change my number. I just can’t deal with her behavior any longer. I have to take care of me and I’m obviously not well because I suffer from migraines due to the stress. She has ran everyone and I mean everyone away from her. None of my family and friends deal with her, she’s put out of everyone house. Im all she has but I’m fed up. I understand that she has adhd and I’ve asked the doctor several times to check if it’s something else because I don’t understand why I’ve been teaching her the same things for 15 years and she still do the exact opposite and don’t feel that there’s a problem. I have to take care of me, I’ll pray for her but she has to movr out. Every time I find somewhere for her to go, she gets kicked out within a week or two. No one is willing to deal with her behavior it’s just too much and she’s an adult who still getting kicked out of people house.
She literally has no respect for anyone no respect at all she doesn’t feel like she has to respect you or your house you goes in people house and just do what she wants to do and people puts her out nobody kids want to play with her she has no friends I don’t know what else to do therapy or medication doesn’t help nothing helps. I’m really starting to believe she’s just doing these things on purpose.