Reply To: Therapists who specialize in Adult ADD?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Symptoms, Diagnosis & Beyond Therapists who specialize in Adult ADD? Reply To: Therapists who specialize in Adult ADD?


I suffer from ADHD and my husband who has his masters in psychology has been telling me for years to find a therapist that practices cognitive behavioral therapy. I never really made an effort but I’m finally seeing how my ADHD directly contributes to my compulsive over eating And how for so many years I have spent thousands of dollars trying to arrest the eating issue when all along the root cause was the ADHD so I am more determined now than ever to find a cognitive behavioral therapist Of course it would be ideal to find one who also specializes in adhd and compulsive overeating but either way, I think the key is getting CBT Which is something you should be able to find. I wish you all the best. I completely relate to your struggles and pain and suffering regarding a wasted life time of dealing with this issue.