Reply To: A friend upset me… destroyed me for the week.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Women & Girls A friend upset me… destroyed me for the week. Reply To: A friend upset me… destroyed me for the week.

gretagrits
Participant

It is awesome to know I’m not the only one with these same “symptoms.” My boyfriend thinks I’m a weirdo. Don’t worry, I know I’m not(and if I am, I’m extremely happy being a weirdo.) I’m very confident with my ADHD, personality, just ME in general. I know I am intelligent, in my own way. It has taken me a very long time to mentally get to the point I am at now and I deserve to enjoy all the gifts and surprises my ADHD offers me and anyone that chooses to join me on this ride. Don’t let your “sixth sense” be your guiding factor. Try to learn to use it to your advantage. I’m not sure what you can do to change your perspective. Meditation might be an avenue to explore. Maybe when in one of those situations, you could use some meditation techniques to turn it around. Just a suggestion. I’m sad that you have realized the gift but are unsure how to harness it and use it to your advantage. It saved me more than once in dealing with my ex-husband while I was going through my
second divorce. I could tell approximately when he was going to pull some crazy and at times, cruel, stunt or even just when he was going to randomly show up. I KNOW, CRAZY right!!!!!