Reply To: Need help with teenage son!!

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Teens & Young Adults Need help with teenage son!! Reply To: Need help with teenage son!!

HappyMom008
Participant

Also – if you choose an prescription drug, ask the pharmacist about the possibility of causing drowsiness, my son takes his at night, and be careful about asking your medical provider and pharmacist about any negative drug interactions between medications if more than one prescription is prescribed. My son was prescribed two medications that both caused drowsiness, and anything that lowers the heart rate should be used only under close medical supervision. I kept my son on only one of the two medications, I found that in my son’s case, the antidepressant helped him and the other one didn’t make a difference. Please ask a lot of questions of your medical provider and pharmacist so you don’t get in the same situation I was in. I was alarmed after realizing that I should only have asked more questions in order to make a better decision for my son’s health.