Reply To: My 7 year old son with ADHD is violent and aggressive to me. I am desperate.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents My 7 year old son with ADHD is violent and aggressive to me. I am desperate. Reply To: My 7 year old son with ADHD is violent and aggressive to me. I am desperate.

ajsd
Participant

@ Lisa S 777. can you please give me the name of the ODD group.

I have a 10 yo son diagnosed at 5 with ADHD with impulsivity ..that has slowly graduated to ODD which I have noticed is getting worse due to electronics…I took them away for awhile ..and slowly introduced them back in but I have noticed when I try to take them away when’s time is up even though we have discussed time on and when he has to get off it is major explosion…I never have had an episode with him in public or when he is with friends just usually at home with me …He has a difficult time in school even with his IEP..and recently a harder time going to sleep ..His explosions are getting more and more violent and I have to hold him down or his hands and legs just so he doesn’t hurt himself..I could use any direction towards help with the ODD…sleep issues or the explosions …