Reply To: Think I got diagnosed today – scared to talk to parents, scared to go on meds

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Symptoms, Diagnosis & Beyond Think I got diagnosed today – scared to talk to parents, scared to go on meds Reply To: Think I got diagnosed today – scared to talk to parents, scared to go on meds

momeowee
Participant

Everytime I have a meeting or something I always write a list. I’ve pulled it out in front of drs and they tell me that’s a great idea. I’ve recently started with racing thoughts at night, for me i have to have tv on to distract me. I know working nights is difficult. How long have u been working that schedule? Pretty sure racing thoughts are typical with add. I’m 38 and started going to drs and hospitals when i was 17. Always felt like family was ashamed of me. Over years i find out most of my relatives have a mental illness and while i was getting treatment (tx) in my early years, i now watch my know it all sister struggle with anxiety, depression and friends i grew up with but i conquered my shortcomings early so i can help them too. Gee this is really long, let me know how ur night goes. Lack of sleep will drive me nuts. Have u heard of melatonin?