Reply To: Think I got diagnosed today – scared to talk to parents, scared to go on meds

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Symptoms, Diagnosis & Beyond Think I got diagnosed today – scared to talk to parents, scared to go on meds Reply To: Think I got diagnosed today – scared to talk to parents, scared to go on meds

michellerain2016
Participant

Wow. I am overwhelmed by the level of response. Thank you so much everyone! Nice to feel less alone. I’m not sleeping better. Actually far worse as it’s been a rollercoaster of a few days and whenever I try to rest I have so many thoughts buzzing round my head about the diagnosis and the things it explains and all the things I didn’t even mention in the assessment that it has a big impact on.

I’m on night shifts too at the moment which isn’t helping with the sleep thing. And everything has changed but nothing has changed at the same time as I’m still struggling through work and life just the same. It’s just now I know what’s causing the struggle although I don’t want to blame it on everything.

I’m going to be late for work again. I want to reply better to each of you but don’t have time right now.