Reply To: I'm on diagnosis waiting list, and new to this forum.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Symptoms, Diagnosis & Beyond I'm on diagnosis waiting list, and new to this forum. Reply To: I'm on diagnosis waiting list, and new to this forum.

michellerain2016
Participant

I haven’t properly read all the replies to this but I would say it does sound likely you have it. I got assessed today with probably less severe impacts on life than you have and I got diagnosed with inattentive type. I’m really sorry about the wing mirror incident. Some things can just push you over the edge 🙁 But please be compassionate to yourself, if you have it it’s not your fault and these things happen. And if you got a diagnosis maybe you could get some sort of mitigation at work?

I also live in the UK and because I haven’t even got round to going to the GP yet in the 1 1/2 years I’ve realised I might have adhd, I decided to go private so my life could stop being on hold for an appointment I didn’t even know if the GP would refer me for. I got seen within a month of inquiring and paid 500 quid. I think it’s worth spending my first pay check on even though it’s probably pushed me back into my overdraft. Because realising you have this is like a massive eureka moment that means you can stop beating yourself up so badly about every little thing and start to approach it from a problem solving perspective rather than a self hate and despair perspective. I would say if you can’t wait 12 months, it’s worth looking into a private diagnosis. 12 months seems like a very long time when you’re finding things so difficult.

Please be kind to yourself. *Hugs*