Reply To: Open office plan, no accommodations, and ADHD

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Getting Things Done Open office plan, no accommodations, and ADHD Reply To: Open office plan, no accommodations, and ADHD

marinakiku
Participant

Hi Molly-
First of all, I am sooooo sorry you are going through this. It’s a horrible feeling to be stuck like that. I have been there and can totally relate…ultimately, I did end up having to find another job. ADHDinPGH offers excellent advice. I documented all of those things, submitted an ADA request, and was ignored, denied. I filed a complaint with the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (I think that’s who they were…the letters were EEOC). They were looking into it for me until I got a new job and dropped the issue.

As for the medication, Adderall will help, but the fact of the matter is, you will likely still continue to struggle because you are still in an environment that offers too many distractions. What they are doing to you is not right and I hate that you are going through that. Know that you are not alone…got on some facebook ADD groups and see if anyone has helpful ideas or advice there also. Good luck and I truly hope things get better for you. 🙂