Reply To: I'm on diagnosis waiting list, and new to this forum.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Symptoms, Diagnosis & Beyond I'm on diagnosis waiting list, and new to this forum. Reply To: I'm on diagnosis waiting list, and new to this forum.

Eric Swanson
Participant

The one responder was so very accurate in her response. You have the opportunity to learn so very much about yourself in these next couple of years. You also have the opportunity to just take the drugs they recommend to you and stick your head in the sand, thinking you can now think like everyone else. You will never think like everyone else, but you can fake it better. You have a completely different nervous system that can still be one of your greatest assets, or be your crutch. That choice will be up to you. I have been the stimulants route, and yes they can be helpful. I hope to never be on them again in my life.

I have graduated to mindfulness meditation and what I call brain training, via Dr Andrew Hill, of the Peak Brain Institute. I am not cured yet but he resolved his own ADHD issues utilizing his process.

I have a long way to go but have not been on Adderall since April 2018. Making progress. I also have the very fun tag along of Rejection Sensitivity. That is a gift that keeps on giving. And so far even though we have not targeted that aspect, my ‘sensitivity’ has improved greatly. We all seem to suffer slightly differing issues but I Am gaining ground, on processing and also on accepting that I have choices on how to direct my talents toward almost any situation. Took me 15 years of not being actively involved followed by one year of learning and growing. Wish I had made the effort back then. I was under the impression that Adderall ‘fixed’ me to the level of everyone else. So so very wrong. Dive in. Good luck