Reply To: Help! My ADHD teen refuses to go to school

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults ADHD Success Stories Help! My ADHD teen refuses to go to school Reply To: Help! My ADHD teen refuses to go to school

craigbkk
Participant

I just came across your article whilst searching for this specific topic. Unfortunately I am in exactly the same situation right now, my son will be 14 this month.

I have just been to the hospital this morning for advice as my son not only refuses to go to school but gets violent and won’t see the Doctor too, during his time in school he has no interest whatsoever, yet in IQ tests he performs well, he is bright but at school has no interest whatsoever and as you wrote he totally loathes school and hates all subjects, now to the point he refuses to go.

My challenge is now to get my son to the hospital…he’s not physically manageable right now, he’s getting big so I am not sure how it’s going to work out but what options do I have?

You literally wrote my story, I sincerely hope you find an answer, I will update you on my journey as it progresses and hope to see further replies.

Sorry for butting in but your post mirrors my story!!!!!

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by craigbkk.