Reply To: Living with ADHD & Depression-will I ever feel happy?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame Living with ADHD & Depression-will I ever feel happy? Reply To: Living with ADHD & Depression-will I ever feel happy?

kdmcdonald22
Participant

Thank you all for the wonderful positive comments and suggestions. Although I would never wish feelings of depression and anxiety on anyone, it is comforting to know that I am not alone and that others really do understand. I am still struggling with my hormone imbalance but it is getting better. I am also still struggling with getting on the right medication for depression and anxiety. My doctor has suggested Lamictal and I was wondering if anyone had any luck or experience with this medication? I am also wondering if anyone has ever experienced an increase in there depression once the weekend is over (going back to work)? For example, I notice that my depression seems to get better through the week, it’s like I need to have that routine of getting up, going to work, and working out every day…..then the weekend comes, which I love the time off, but I feel like I kind of get lazy, or out of my active routine and then when Monday morning rolls around it is hard for me to get out of bed to go to work and I feel more depressed. It’s crazy to me because I do like my job and I know that I need to be active to help me feel better…but it’s like something happens to me those two days that brings me back down in a slump and it takes half the week to get out of it. This one, I just might be ALONE in this feeling….I know it seems a little crazy but I notice this is how I feel a lot and I can’t figure out why.