Reply To: High Calorie small quantity school lunch ideas, please

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Food, Nutrition & Health High Calorie small quantity school lunch ideas, please Reply To: High Calorie small quantity school lunch ideas, please

Pump2Duncan
Participant

I’m in a similar situation. I send a protein shake everyday. If your little one likes smoothies, those can be a great way to sneak in veggies – fruits can mask spinach and carrots. My guy seems to pick up on those so we haven’t been able to add anything but water and protein powder. LOL.

Clif bars pack a protein punch. And I agree with Penny, full fat cheese products are great and kids usually love them. If you search on Amazon, I believe you can find nut free protein bars. I just found over the weekend a bar called the “Perfect Bar” that packs a ton of calories that my son LOVES that’s all-natural. Not sure if they make any “nut free” varieties, but it might be a good idea for an afterschool snack. They are a bit pricey though – so pricey I actually put my son’s name on the bars and made sure everybody knew they were ONLY for my son.