Reply To: My 7 year old son with ADHD is violent and aggressive to me. I am desperate.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents My 7 year old son with ADHD is violent and aggressive to me. I am desperate. Reply To: My 7 year old son with ADHD is violent and aggressive to me. I am desperate.

LisaS777
Participant

New here. My son’s behavior radically changed about a year ago. Long story short, he got diagnosed with ODD. The thing is with ODD, a strict environment is what they need. However if you throw in anxiety, ADHD and executive functioning issues, stricter envioronments aren’t going to work. These kids literally don’t know how to handle their frustration and are missing the life skills to learn as typical kids do. Many of these kids are medicated and treated for (we are too just not for the ODD) for DMDD, bipolar and even autism! It’s awful when you are dealing with a child that angry and sometimes violent! Research ODD as it pertains to kids with ADHD. I’m in a terrific support group (online) that helps