Reply To: Decision Making

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame Decision Making Reply To: Decision Making

penguindrooster
Participant

You are not alone my distracted sister. I too am 60 and am dealing with the same symptoms. I’m trying different meds but part of the problem is that there’s an upper limit on the dosage of ADD medicine so the aging brain may not be able to get everything it needs.
One trick that has helped me immensely is that I try to work as much as possible with people under 30—especially on projects. Their enthusiasm and drive perfectly complements my experience and talents. Together we become a pushmi-pullyu of getting things done.
And you’ll be surprised how happy the younger crowd is to have our help, they’re much better people than we were at that age.
Hang in there and remember that you’re getting more done than you think—part of ADHD is that you forget to look backward and count your accomplishments for the week.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by penguindrooster. Reason: graphs