Reply To: My 7 year old son with ADHD is violent and aggressive to me. I am desperate.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents My 7 year old son with ADHD is violent and aggressive to me. I am desperate. Reply To: My 7 year old son with ADHD is violent and aggressive to me. I am desperate.

cloud79
Participant

I totally understand how you all feel,
My 6 year old boy has aggressive tendencies, that feel like a volcano, appear from nowhere and just explode.
He has not been diagnosed but he terrifies me often.
He is very defiant and aggressive mainly towards me and his little sister (5yo).
He hits me and calls me names such as stupid, smelly , fat…all sorts,
When I try to comfort him I just say, I see how you feel, I’m here for you, you just feel you want to hurt me, it’s ok!
He gets even more violent, kicking punching, threatening me to punch me in the face and he is reply is…but I want to hurt you.
I feel a complete failure, it’s not a bad kid , as when he is calm he apologises and tells me what he did wrong…tells me he loves me etc.
I love him to bits but at the heat of the moment I can’t control him , it seems like he needs to explore…with tears, shouting, hitting in order to regulate himself.
Any advice please? Thank uou