Reply To: Concerta brand name VS Generic Mallinckrodt Methylphenidate

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Treating Your Child Concerta brand name VS Generic Mallinckrodt Methylphenidate Reply To: Concerta brand name VS Generic Mallinckrodt Methylphenidate

marcamcat
Participant

I noticed that this new generic medication was not only ineffective but considerably increased side effects when my daughter started to take it. I learned that that the delivery system is faster and also that the composition is not the same. My daughter and the entire family suffered greatly before we were able to find out what was causing her changes in health and behavior. Her grades dropped at school and constantly complained about headaches and stomach aches. It also affected our relationship with her because our interactions were more more focused on her behaviors. When I realized that the medication was doing this, I told my pharmacist about it and his reply was that their distributors do not offer the older version anymore (the older pill read ALZA 27) which was very effective and with minimal side effects. I registered for this site yesterday and learned that this situation is going on all over the country.

It is a shame that in order to increase their profits, pharmacies around the country are sacrificing the well being of our children in the process.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by marcamcat. Reason: missing information, grammar