Reply To: What is normal anyway? Am I just overthinking?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Symptoms, Diagnosis & Beyond What is normal anyway? Am I just overthinking? Reply To: What is normal anyway? Am I just overthinking?

michellerain2016
Participant

My reply appeared further up the thread which is weird. I tried to find a way to put it at the end in reply to all the messages but I don’t think it’s worked.

Anyway, just read the depression vs adhd article. One part that struck me was the motivation comment: ‘With ADHD, it seems impossible to accomplish anything, because you’re “in a dither and can’t decide what to do first,” says Roberta Tsukahara, Ph.D., a psychologist in Austin. “With depression, it’s more that you’re lethargic and can’t initiate any activity.”

I really relate to this. I don’t think I have depression because I’m definitely the category where i’m in a dither and can’t decide what to do first. There are just too many options. I am SO motivated. The problem is I want to do everything and then I get nothing done. For instance today I have my first day off in ages and I want to go to the gym, eat healthily, try out the new bakery place ie: eat unhealthily, I want to learn how to crochet, make origami bunting for my housemates, I want to explore the area and go for a long walk, I want a night out, I was going to try out a spiritualist church with my housemate because it sounded interesting, revise loads of stuff, do some work for work, do some admin, get a new potted plant, come up with a new healthy eating and exercise plan and cook for housemates, do some kayaking, bake some cookies, clean the house, read a book, play the guitar, find a friend to meet up with and I still need a new pair of trousers for work. But it’s now the afternoon and so far all I’ve done is have a lie in, drink a coffee and surf the internet.