Reply To: Going Back to School

stewarln52284
Participant

Hi Sierra! I was pulled to read your posting and rereply because I too am returning to school. I’m 34, just diagnosed with combined type ADHD a year ago, and have finally found a medication regimen that is working pretty well. Although I do not have a spouse, I do have a ten year old with probable ADHD. I also have the support of my mother, who helps me more than anything really.

I have similar fears, but there is one aspect I can comment on. It is scary leaving the role of stay at home mom and depending on others to do what you have done for years…even if it felt impossible.

What I found was that it is still hard to let other’s help. As an adult woman with ADHD, you have probably learned a lot of things the hard way, especially if you weren’t diagnosed until later in life. However, it does take a village to raise a child they say. I think it takes an extended village to raise kids, take care of the housr and just survive with ADHD. As hard as it is, I felt leas guilty and anxious about leaving these taska to other people.

Sounds like you have done everything you can to set yourself up for success at school. I would love to chat more of you wanted? Its nice to chat with a fellow member of the ADHD tribe 🙂

Take care!
Lindsay