Reply To: Repeat third grade for social issues?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums School & Learning Repeat third grade for social issues? Reply To: Repeat third grade for social issues?

caringmom
Participant

sharing my experience….we got my sons diagnosis during last 4 months of kindergarten..then after diagnosis i was reluctant to give him medicines n try theropies..in this situation developmental paediatrician confused me by stoping psychiatrists medicine by diagnosing it as asd and not .adhd.actually his main issues were adhd.by the time i started his medicines it was the last month of kindergarten n so much curriculum y to cover.it wa sreally stressful on child n me too.all the things he has to learn stepwise was very difficult he couldnt learn in a last month.or whether it is academically behind i really dont know..though my child is socially not maturedas per his age the main reasono of repeating was the situation leading to stress and late decision ofst starting the medicine..

but it has helped me for sure as he developed some skills during the year of repetition .good luck.