Reply To: After school activities a struggle after meds wear off – please help

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents After school activities a struggle after meds wear off – please help Reply To: After school activities a struggle after meds wear off – please help

caringmom
Participant

brian,when yourson does his homwork?if 5 mg in the evening is enough for focus?my son is also 7 years old and having this issue of wearing{ takes methylphenidate) off the medicines.he takes 15 mg sustained release methylpheidate i n morning with 5 mg of aripiprazole{he throws the things and hits when he is not on aripiprazole),t before school then at 1.30 pm he takes his lunch and at 2 p,m, agaihyn 10 mg of methylphenidate sustained he takes release..in the afternoon 1.30 to 2.30 is time when rhe shows the signs of wearing off like yelling,not listening,getting angry over smaller things…then froo{totally different boy at different timings[m 2.30 to 6.30 pm he is okay and the homework is done at 3 p.m..after{ 6.360 p.m. to 8.30 pm wearing off time…so after 6.30 again he is very impulsive and hyper,doesnt listen to anything and with his friends lacks the co ordination… i too b want to cover up his wearinfg off timings ….basically it is in the afternoon and evening ..he.surprizingly after 8.30 pm he ia a quiet boyb n obediant too,i think because of aripiprazole he takes in the morning…any suggestion is always welcome…and sorry for the typing mistrakes actually my backspace and delete keys are not working…sorry again.

its really nice to have people like ddt,you and other having the same issue on this thread as it really helps to know what can be done,,,