Reply To: After school activities a struggle after meds wear off – please help

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents After school activities a struggle after meds wear off – please help Reply To: After school activities a struggle after meds wear off – please help

ddt1981
Participant

Thank you for all the input. I can’t avoid all late afternoon/ evening activities, so I’d like him to be able to enjoy them if at all possible. There are Christmas concerts coming up in a few months- he loves standing up in front of everyone and performing, it is just the sitting still and waiting until his turn is a struggle. Also family BBQ’s and birthday parties in the late afternoons. If there is a solution like a medication change, I would love to try it so he has some help to enjoy and experience events like this in his childhood. I don’t feel that avoiding them all is the answer either… Also for social reasons, I don’t feel that hiring a private babysitter or coach is the answer as I want him to develop social skills and have the ability to play and learn to play in a group out of a school setting if possible.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by ddt1981.