Reply To: Think Before You Act? Easier Said Than Done (new user)

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Getting Things Done Think Before You Act? Easier Said Than Done (new user) Reply To: Think Before You Act? Easier Said Than Done (new user)

Hi Donald,

What you describe is PRECISELY what I feel. At first I am completely overwhelmed with choices, words, tasks, and have trouble prioritizing, because I can’t decide a) what is most important, and b) how much time to spend on something. I am also somewhat of a slow reader (or at least I think I am), which convinces me that I don’t have that time to spend. However, when I buckle down, and force my brain to concentrate and not leak from inattention, I can get things done.

I am very curious about this Sensory Processing Disorder. I thought it was just something I deal with, an idiosyntricity, but when you talk about slowly that flooded state, it really intrigues me. So often I feel like, if only I could SLOW DOWN on the intake, and PACE MYSELF in the output of efforts, I would be so much better off, particularly for more detail-driven, tedious work.

You mentioned a site, but the link did not come through. Can you please re-provide?

Does anyone else deal with this?

Thanks!

-A