Reply To: Communication trouble and social awkwardness are killing my happiness

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Relationships Communication trouble and social awkwardness are killing my happiness Reply To: Communication trouble and social awkwardness are killing my happiness

imok
Participant

Paul, I truly hope your doing better. I too stumbled across your post in hopes of finding.. just what you wrote! Like what purplepoppie said. Describes me to a T.
And you definitely have the talent to be able to write it out like that. I have to keep your post so I can refer to it when I need help explaining to others what I mean.
Aur462, you also described my spousal relationship, pretty well. My husband isn’t a big sharer of feelings, but I can see how he may see me like you see your wife. I plan on sharing this with him.
Purplepoppie, I’m so glad you posted here as well. 2 years ago I found a good cognitive therapist. (And to credit Aur462, slight autism spectrum was brought up) I learned I have PTSD, that contributed to social behavior disabilities growing up as a child.
Purple, you also described me, as where I am now, and what I’m working on. Some bridges I’ve burned may never be repaired but I’m learning to accept that and move on for myself. This time of Changing and learning how to be a better “me” has been the worst and best.
I still struggle sometimes with the … how to ask someone a question in a way that I will get the answer I want. Or vise versa.

Thank all three of you, for letting me know I’m not totally alone on this point