Reply To: Share some venting re. ADD mishaps!

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame Share some venting re. ADD mishaps! Reply To: Share some venting re. ADD mishaps!

BMH140
Participant

Lol you all have great stories. But I’m the undisputed king of forgetting. First and foremost, I’m a 29 year old who was diagnosed with ADHD at age 24. Recently I was invited to my godson’s 1st birthday party. No problem right? Wrong! The problem was. the party wasn’t going to be held at my friends home, but his sister and brother in laws home 30 minutes away. I’m not a horrible driver by all means. I’m pretty good with awareness with other cars and has pretty good patience( most of the time) so no accidents so far. However I hate driving to unknown places or towns that I’m unfamiliar with. With ADHD things get more messy. Before I head out to the party, I set up my GPS on my phone. I get the right directions and everything goes smooth as silk.I’m on the highway and suddenly some sport car whizzes past me going like 100mph. I get distracted and suddenly I merge onto the lane heading to a totally different town, knowing I was supposed to stay in the right lane. Using common sense I just turn around in that regard, but then instead of taking a shortcut on the highway I get anxious and take a long route. So instead of a 30 min drive it took me a total of an hour just to get to the party. When I arrived my friends smiled at me and said ” How was that trip?” I just shook my head and groaned. That’s my life in a nutshell. No sense of direction, and doing things the hard way. 🙄🙄🙄