Reply To: Is the future really Bleak for late diagnosis?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Symptoms, Diagnosis & Beyond Is the future really Bleak for late diagnosis? Reply To: Is the future really Bleak for late diagnosis?

Lucas5452
Participant

Hey Man,

“Every now is a new beginning”

If you’re looking for hope, look no further than that quote. The realization that life is a journey, an constant grind to make yourself a better person is something I’ve come to accept and enjoy as a challenge. I too was a late diagnosis but in my case it was in my 20s. I wondered why I never fit in with my peers. I wondered why I could never stick to a task and enjoy doing something without instant gratification. After connecting with a great psychiatrist, I got put on Vyvanse and it has changed my life. Us ADHDers have less executive function capacity than most normal people, and I find the vyvanse helps me with that. Its really opened my eyes to the way I was living- negatively and out of spite. Im on a journey to better my relations with everyone I know and to improve as a man. Moral of the story: never give up hope. there is always someone out there that can help you. 45 is still relatively young my friend, go out and kick butt at life. Its never too late to get help, I know that first hand