Reply To: What Happens After Admitting ADHD Drug Abuse?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults What Happens After Admitting ADHD Drug Abuse? Reply To: What Happens After Admitting ADHD Drug Abuse?

steadyprogress
Participant

It sounds like you are ready and willing to take ownership over a situation that is not working for you. And it is great that you are acknowledging that.

I recommend “coming clean” with your doctor. Do not worry about your medical records. Focus on what is best for YOU.

Prior to talking to your doctor, take note of the circumstances and situations that are triggering your feeling of need to take another pill – is it when you are having to go into a meeting and are nervous you wont be paying attention, when you need to sit and do research, when you need to clean your house??

Drive and focus does not come from only the pill itself. It also comes from within.

I suffered and dealt with exactly what you are saying. To the point where I drove myself into a black hole. It is great that you are recognizing this early. It will not go away unless you take action. If you feel uncomfortable approaching and talking with your practitioner, it may be time to find a new one.

Good luck!