Reply To: What Happens After Admitting ADHD Drug Abuse?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults What Happens After Admitting ADHD Drug Abuse? Reply To: What Happens After Admitting ADHD Drug Abuse?

karma20w
Participant

My doctor told me that she couldn’t switch me to the new dose that we had decided on since I had picked up my last script less than 30 days prior. She said I had to wait 2 weeks on a med that wasn’t working for me. I, as well, knew that this was a lie because my previous doctor who had just left the practice to do different work had personally called in a controlled substance for me in advance of 30 days. They can do it, they just don’t want to and what bothers me about it is not that they won’t do it, it’s that they lie and say that it’s the law. I would be fine if she told me that her personal preference is to only call in one every 30 days but when they say it’s a law when it’s not, I feel like they are assuming that I’m dumb just because I have ad/hd. I didn’t call her out on it, though, I just switched to a better doctor (that is not the only issue I had with her.)