Reply To: I feel like I am being excluded at work

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Relationships I feel like I am being excluded at work Reply To: I feel like I am being excluded at work

JBoom
Participant

It’s possible there is an actual effort to exclude you (social groups can be outright mean spirited), but it’s also possible you’re just reading too much into it. The only real way of knowing is to just ask. And if you want to be included, again just ask. While you may feel slighted because you had to ask, keep in mind there’s probably things you do to others that unintentionally make them feel slighted. We all have our own crazy narratives to explain our experiences, and those narratives don’t always match, even when interpreting the exact same scenario.

Perhaps they’re planning a surprise party for you. 🙂

I’m a different sort of person, and I accepted a long time ago that certain people are just too plain and simple to get me and thus find me insufferable. I’ve never been a part of any popular social group, or even any sizable social group. I keep to one or two good friends and leave it at that.