Reply To: I feel like I am being excluded at work

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Relationships I feel like I am being excluded at work Reply To: I feel like I am being excluded at work

dmvaughn00
Participant

@SierraW

Also, I know from first-hand experience that sometimes co-workers can be extremely toxic and play games. Avoid these people. Avoid gossiping people and never get sucked into that mindset. As people with ADHD we know what it is like to be misunderstood. A true friend would tell you if you did/do something that is rude.

I try to be social because I know it’s something I need to work on, but I also do try to stay out of gossip mindset. The last district I worked in was a VERY toxic environment where people would throw you under the bus or tattle on you to administration for the smallest, most ridiculous things. The administrators liked to micromanage everyone (and they really liked to do that with me because of my issues with being on time). I felt like I could trust no one around me and as a result, I just plain kept to myself because of that environment. The district I am at now actually pales in comparison. In fact, people have generally been more welcoming and helpful, and I do have a couple of actual friends at work. I’ve thought about asking one of the teachers I was with whom I do actually get along out of that group if maybe I did something offensive. I had another teacher on the first day who sat across from me during our lunch who did talk to me some (she’s really nice and I think she might have seen that I wasn’t being included).

I am sorry you are going through this. Just remember, you are not alone!!!

Thank you for your insight. I thought this would be the best place to post because I know fellow ADHDers have this problem and I thought it would help to talk about it with people who understand.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by dmvaughn00.
  • This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Penny Williams.