Reply To: I’m new

p_ehrenberg
Participant

My name is Paul. I am 68 and recently retired. I have 2 college degrees, in Marketing and Computer Programming. I am also a Vietnam Veteran, having spent 4 years in he Air Force. I struggled in high school and my first 2 years of college. I felt something was wrong but not knowing what. I was bullied in high school and nobody did anything to help me. I found myself making impulsive decisions and not following through on things I started. I picked the wrong college at first and tried to get involved in 2 many activities without concentrating on studies. When I was in the Air Force and stationed in Thailand, I impulsively got a girl friend and ended up getting ripped off , even though I had been warned. After graduating from college, I moved to L.A. where my parents lived. I had no idea what I wanted to do and ended up taking different jobs very impulsively without thinking. I finally decided to go into programming, which turned out to be a terrible idea. I was in and out of jobs for 10 years I finally had to file for bankruptcy and lost my house in 1992. I was hospitalized at the V.A. hospital for 2 months before being diagnosed with ADD. I have been married for almost 40 years and have a wonderful son who is very succesfull. My wife and my son have stood behind me all this time to help me. My life has been full of problems and I get constant flashbacks about my problems. Sorry to ramble but I hope someone out there is listening and can relate.