Reply To: New here. 39, psychiatrist assessment next week and nervous

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Symptoms, Diagnosis & Beyond New here. 39, psychiatrist assessment next week and nervous Reply To: New here. 39, psychiatrist assessment next week and nervous

Jeremy DEagle
Participant

Well I’m on holiday at the minute in Turkey. I took my tablet yesterday for the first time. We were in the crowded dining room eating. It was about 0900.

I started to notice a bit later that the background noise was receding quite a lot. I felt less of a whirlwind in my head.

The day was great. I felt like the kind of person I always wanted to be. I was calmer, friendlier, more confident. I didn’t feel bombarded with stuff all the time. I was never irritable at all. This is despite us having to move hotel, then having to move rooms and now having to wait for the room we actually paid for to be ready today.

I’ve never felt so well and so happy. I was just consistently calm and assured.

I felt it wear off about 2100. That was a bit horrible. I can’t tell if I felt depressed or just disappointed. I slipped more into how I usually feel.

Sleep wise I seemed to sleep ok. Woke up needing the toilet about 6 times whereas that’s usually once or twice a night max. Mind you, I’m on holiday in a strange bed drinking tons of water so that probably doesn’t help.

Appetite wise it seems ok. I’m all inclusive on the holiday but I’m also vegan so that’s not particularly easy to manage. But I did eat three meals.