Reply To: New here. 39, psychiatrist assessment next week and nervous

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Symptoms, Diagnosis & Beyond New here. 39, psychiatrist assessment next week and nervous Reply To: New here. 39, psychiatrist assessment next week and nervous

bbarnett115
Participant

I know exactly what you mean. I went through the same thing. I’m 29, and before February it had never been suggested to me that I have ADHD. I did poorly in a class and a teacher just assumed I had it and at first I was a little offended that she would suggest I have ADHD, but then I did some research and i felt like all of a sudden my entire life made sense. When the day i went to my clinician for the results of my test came, I was a nervous wreck. I was so afraid that he was going to say that I didn’t have ADHD and I had no idea what I was going to do after I had felt that I found an explanation for why I behave the way I do.

I saw your update. What a relief! I was actually diagnosed with about the same thing: ADD/ADHD combo, panic disorder and possible depression that needed to be ruled out. How do you feel now?