Reply To: Hate Sleeping-ADHD Related?

seringetti
Participant

I can relate to what you are going through. It is horrible. Very hard to function especially if you have to go to work the next day. You are not really living, you are just existing from one day to the next.

After going to many doctors I finally met a doctor who suggested that I try seroquel. Right away I rejected this medication because of all the scary side effects I had read about. Mainly prescribed for people with Schizophrenia & I was not Schizophrenic. Never the less the doctor went to tell me that he had treated many patients with this medication & most of them had very little to no adverse side effects, especially if taken before bedtime. It has a short half life & is not addictive. Most of the adverse side effects came from patients who take very high doses. If you should experience adverse side effects you can drop the medication without any problem. Don’t have to worry about withdrawal. Another good thing about this medication is it doesn’t lose its effectiveness. You usually don’t have to keep increasing the dose in order for it to work.

Under these conditions I agreed to give it a try. The first night I took it I went into a deep refreshing sleep. I was so happy. Ten years later I am still taking this medication at the same dose & feel great.

Well that’s my story. It may not work for you, but maybe it will. Your choice. Check it out with your doctor.

Two other suggestions:

Don’t try the generic brand they don’t work. At least for me it didn’t.

Very low doses of 25 to 75 mg usually don’t work. You may have to go anywhere from 100 to 200 mg. or more. We are all different. You need to find the right dose for you.