Reply To: Hate Sleeping-ADHD Related?

Ravenslock1
Participant

Wow! SOOOO Many great suggestions! (and you’ll have quiet a time trialling which ones work for you!) Here’s a few of mine:

*I agree with everyone who has mentioned NO BLUE LIGHT SCREENS for at least an hour before ‘bed-time’. If you factor in a good ‘bed-time’ routine, that should take up most of the hour…(prep. next day’s lunch, shower, brush teeth, lay out next day’s clothes, check your diary/planner/’launchpad’, etc) **NEVER underestimate a regular, repetitive night routine!!**
*As much as I hate it, I get a MUCH better quality sleep when I’ve eaten a well-rounded dinner, at least 2 hours before bed, AND when I don’t drink any alcohol or caffeine from then on.
*One of my MUSTS is an ipad/iphone app called ‘isleep easy’ (produced by mediationoasis.com). Their various guided audios are awesome! And if you need more variety, then check out the meditationoasis.com podcasts! (Mary Maddux’s voice is very relaxing!)
*On more difficult nights, I rely on my “SleepStream2” app and earbuds/soft headphones; I select the tinnitus masker, with pink noise, and that blocks out almost everything external.
*I have 4 very different pillows that I rotate through, depending on whether it’s neck/shoulder pain that’s floated its way to to top of the ‘priority pile’ (when it comes to what is keeping me awake the most at that exact moment). The pain-pillow is a highly shaped ‘neck’ support pillow. One is simple memory foam. One is slightly shaped for neck support, for ‘normal’ nights; and one is good old ‘crumbed foam’, for snuggly nights, when I want to fluff it up, punch a divot in the centre, and snuggle down with the doona. (It’s purely a ‘mood’ pillow!)
Hope that all helps.