Reply To: Hate Sleeping-ADHD Related?

donsense
Participant

Well this a different protocol but it worked for me, perhaps because i was exhausted.
Initially at your age I was a smoker and used caffeine mostly in soda but also coffee mornings hot chocolate during the day and tea at Dinner. However I drank coke and pepsi at all hours. I am guessing 8 to 10 combined drinks a day.
At bedtime however i followed a pattern of eating cornflakes w/ sugar added and many years later Sliced bananas.
We had two bby girls at that time and i was the Breadwinner as it was called in those days but evenings were spent driving a cab after my regular office job til midnight. Paying for a new home required this for another year or two.
Didnt know i was ADHD but the caffeine and nicotine were self medicating and when i stopped them before i went to bed Sleep was instantaneous. Most nights i could not remember my head hitting the pillow.

5 decades later after the 3 pituatary disasters Hyper Thyroid Hypo Glycemia and ADHD and the reason for my low blood pressure sticky heart valve repaired, i am now just like you and stay up til 2 or 3 am . I drink decaffe use sweeteners not sugar, my thyroid was nuked, levothyroxine, and take venlafaxine for serotonin norepinephrine/dopamine.
I am wondering if the original undrugged formula with lots of cafeine, sugar, work and life related exercise was better.