Reply To: Questions about medication.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD Questions about medication. Reply To: Questions about medication.

got2be
Participant

It’s easy to read about all the ADHD success stories here, and become sad because a diagnosis of ADHD did not change your life like others say it did. I’ve known about my ADHD for years, and I’m still trying to figure out how to just live my life. Concerta used to be a magic weapon, but now I have so much anxiety I have trouble finding a dose that I can handle. I need to find a new solution. Please don’t give up. The most important thing is to be good to yourself and not beat yourself up. I don’t know the answers, but I’m still surviving. There was a time I thought I couldn’t take it anymore. I realize now that you have to like yourself and treat yourself like you’re precious. You know that you are special. Things will get better even if you don’t know how that’s going to happen. At 49 years old, I’ve survived many low times in my life, and I know now that I’ll make it through somehow. You’ll see for yourself that you will be OK. Please do not give up, research how to treat yourself well, how to get good sleep, take vitamins, and anything that makes you feel good. You don’t have to make yourself read boring self-help books or force yourself to exercise. Find some way to pamper yourself, even if others don’t understand or think it makes sense. You are on this earth just like they are and deserve to be happy, too.