Reply To: Hate Sleeping-ADHD Related?

JBoom
Participant

I have this problem big time. I enjoy a good night’s sleep, but I don’t like going to sleep because I’m never done with the day. Adderall has helped me sleep better, probably because it wipes me out. I’ve often thought if there were a pill that just gives your body what sleep does, then I wouldn’t need any other medication because I could just stay up all the time and do all the things I want to do. 🙂

I find when I need to force myself to sleep, I have to either turn everything off a suffer through an hour of racing thoughts in silence, or I have to do something that takes a little work. Like reading instead of watching TV, because with reading you have to hold something, you have to actively consume the words, you have think about and process what you’re reading, etc. It’s a little more tiring than just brainlessly laying there consuming TV.

In any event, is does sound like your medication stack is not working for you. If your doctor can’t see that or help you, look into finding another one.