Reply To: How do you manage to fall asleep, and then wake up early?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Health & Nutrition How do you manage to fall asleep, and then wake up early? Reply To: How do you manage to fall asleep, and then wake up early?

ar.gray
Participant

Wanna hear a funny story?
So because of ADHD I have a hard time sleeping anyway (stay up late, wake up in the night, etc.)
But when I’m stressed it gets like 10x worse and results like things like sleep walking, sleep talking, being only half asleep the whole night, or no sleeping at all. This happens if I have to do something the next day that requires me being in a new environment, waking up early or a test or a presentation.
So a few years ago I had a midterm at 8am the next morning. Set my alarm, went to bed, or so I thought.
Turns out I ended up sleep walking that night, like really badly…
Somehow, I woke up an hour after my midterm started and I shit you not: my phone alarm was turned off, and my phone was between my mattress and my box spring, I had clothes ripped out of my drawers and thrown all over my room, and I was sleeping at the wrong end of my bed. I woke up, and basically ran to school and thankfully wrote my midterm.
Nothing that intense has ever happened again sleep wise, but just know it could be worse 😉