Reply To: when does TOO energetic become a thing? Whats your personality type?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Teens and Young Adults with ADHD when does TOO energetic become a thing? Whats your personality type? Reply To: when does TOO energetic become a thing? Whats your personality type?

JBoom
Participant

Well, I’m not a doctor and can’t speak to your particular case with any competence. What I do know, is that ADHD seems to be something that one is born with, or at least has suffered from for most of their life (that’s part of the criteria for diagnosis — a sudden onset of similar symptoms is considered to be likely something other than ADHD).

Personality type is really just about observing the preferences people have for cognitive thought. Preferences meaning there was choice (even if unconscious) rather than some physical limitation that pre-determined it.

In short, ADHD seems to be pre-determined by physiology while personality type is determined by choice (early on in life). The physiology of ADHD might lead to different choices, thus might have an influence on personality type.

I’m just speculating, of course. But that’s my somewhat educated opinion. 🙂